Newport Dunes Golf Club located near Corpus Christi, TX is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Greenskeeper. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
Excellent benefits package include medical, dental, vision, 401K, employees meals, golf privileges and more!
• Performs a diverse range of activities involved in golf course maintenance and construction.
• Performs semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work and related tasks as required.
• Performs general landscape maintenance using hand held equipment.
• Rakes and maintains sand bunkers.
• Operates small machinery to assist with edging, trimming and mowing.
• Prepares soil beds for sod, seed and vegetative material.
• Involved with tasks related to course detail (weed and debris clean up).
• Assists with golf course set-up procedures.
• Operates utility vehicles for hauling material and removing debris.
• Performs skilled duties related to experience (pruning, plugging, etc.).
• Operates equipment safely and is aware of associates and their prospective work areas.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Regularly stands, walks, sits, and uses hands, reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally climbs or balances; stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches. Regularly talks or hears and lifts up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds.
Regularly works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and works near moving mechanical part. Occasionally works in high, precarious places and in areas with fumes or airborne particles. Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally works in extreme heat (non-weather) and experiences vibration. Noise level is loud.
Valid Driver’s License