Indian Wells Golf Resort located in Indian Wells, CA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Sales Manager (Events). Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
• Responsible for seeking new business, ensuring return business, and contracting of all non-golf catering events.
• Works with Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Food and Beverage to ensure customer satisfaction while maximizing facility revenue and profitability.
• Seeks new business and ensures return business in order to meet or exceed revenue goals through various methods such as, but not limited to: telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, written communication, site inspections, attending trade shows, working with local Chambers of Commerce, CVB and embracing the local business community.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in area of creating events and opportunities during slow business periods.
• Prepares, implements, and compiles data for various reports such as Annual Strategic Sales Plan, Competitive Price set, Monthly Catering Report, Monthly Forecasts, and other reports as directed.
• Develops new ideas for theme events in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing, Food and Beverage, and Golf departments.
• Contracts weddings, banquets, catering, and corresponding activities.
• Works with Food & Beverage department to customize banquet/wedding/events menus, enhance yield management, and follows prescribed revenue minimum guidelines for each event venue.
• Conducts property tours, food and beverage tastings and customer meetings.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
Associate’s degree (AA) and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experienced sales professional.
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, POS system and Salesforce is helpful.