Columbus Country Club located in Columbus, Ohio is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Property Controller. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
•Implements and adheres to policies and procedures for the Accounting function, including compliance of all company accounting standards.
• Oversees accounting and administrative controls so as to safeguard the assets of the company by reducing theft as well as internal fraud.
• Assists General Manager in preparing and monitoring annual budget, monitoring revenue goals as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) business volume forecasts.
• Monitors and coordinates property plans of overall future objectives, including projection of revenue, cost, net income, cash position, cash management, and capital requirements.
• Prepares and submits monthly financial statements and supporting schedules that identify actual, budget, variance and over/under based on the plan.
• Performs or monitors daily revenue audits for revenue generating departments (i.e. Golf, Food & Beverage, etc.).
• Analyzes various accounting reports such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, various general ledger and monthly financial statements.
• Monitors and manages property cash flow and coordinates the appropriate timing of issuing payment to vendors. Alerts General Manager and Regional Controller when cash flow problems exist.
• Prepares, coordinates and reviews the closing of year-end books and records with the Regional Controller.
• Recommends to management the implementation of policies, procedures, processes and controls based on continual analysis of current accounting processes.
• Establishes accounting protocols and work flows for the property based on property needs, ensuring compliance with Troon Golf accounting standards.
• Monitors contracts with facility’s vendors.
• Ensures collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes. Prepares or reviews preparation of monthly tax reports.
• Manages both accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to include but not limited to: processing invoices, preparing statements, making payments, collections, reconciliation, and record keeping.
• Reconciles and audits petty cash, general bank account and cash banks.
• Responsible for training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Property Accountant and/or Administrative Assistant.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in Hospitality Industry a plus
• Experience with Jonas POS/Accounting software program a plus