Indian Wells located in beautiful Indian Wells, California is excited to announce the opening of the position of Event Sales Coordinator. This is a full time, salaried position.
Details and coordinates all group events. Works with Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Food and Beverage to ensure customer satisfaction while maximizing facility revenue and profitability.
• Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for scheduled events.
• Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
• Coordinate services for events, such as transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
• Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
• Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
• Maintain records of event aspects, including financial details.
• Evaluate and select providers of services according to customer requirements.
• Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
• Review event bills for accuracy.
• Negotiate pricing with service providers and vendors.
• Read trade publications, attend seminars, and consult with other meeting professionals to keep abreast of meeting management standards and trends.
• Contacts customers face-to-face, by telephone and/or email, to confirm, coordinate, and update details for scheduled catering activities.
• Details each group’s catering needs which may include but is not limited to: menu planning, meal time, and room set up.
• Conducts facility tours and sight visits as needed.
• Tracks all guarantees and deadlines based on contract. Communicates any updates, corrections or changes to the affected departments.
• Coordinates with Catering department as well as Food and Beverage department to ensure specified arrangements are carried out as planned.
• Completes projects as directed in relation to the area of responsibility.
• Assists the department manager in interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work. Make recommendations when hiring, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Ensures accurate and timely invoicing for all services rendered, to include recording events on the CRM system.
Associate’s degree (AA) and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experienced Events Coordinator.
Frequently stands, walks, sits, talks and hears; regularly uses hands; regularly reaches with hands and arms; occasionally climbs, balances stoops, kneels, crouches, tastes or smells. Occasionaly lifts up to 25 pounds.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, JONAS POS system and Salesforce is helpful.