The Golf Club at Lansdowne in Lansdowne, VA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Guest Services Supervisor. Qualified candidates will be comfortable in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior customer service for our guests.
• Creates a positive experience by assisting guests and members with outside services.
• Provides guidance to other Guest Services associates.
• Works with the Tournament Coordinator to organize all groups/outings that are taking place on a specific day and prepares staff and facility for all these events.
• Maintains accurate records of golfers renting clubs, service the customer who is renting golf clubs, and clean rental clubs upon return.
• Ensures the overall upkeep of the clubhouse, cart storage area and parking lot. Shares responsibility of cleaning golf shops, restrooms, and patio area.
• Inventories and controls all guest supplies.
• Assist in monitoring and policing all player service activity and etiquette. Assists in educating players regarding course policy, current cart policy, and speed of play.
• Maintains the cart storage area and cart wash down area in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
• Prepares golf carts for play following the standards of Troon Golf. Ensures proper staging of golf carts during the day.
• Assists players by changing golf spikes and cleaning golf clubs.
• Performs range maintenance such as: presenting practice facility with practice balls, bag stands, den caddies and/or ball pyramids, and maintains ball inventory over the course of the day.
• May assist with food and beverage activities.
• May direct start of play.
• Assists the department manager in interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work. Make recommendations when hiring, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Assists in the coordination of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Guest Services Attendants, Starters.
• Assists in monitoring business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Assists manager in communicating any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver’s License