The Muttontown Club located in East Norwich, New York is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Golf Course Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
• Prepares and maintains the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans.
• Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
• Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
• Implements sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
• Ensures that all associates obtain proper training and/ or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
• Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Superintendent, 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Head Mechanic, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
• Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree (AA) in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver’s license required
• Able to work in outside conditions and to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds