Brookwater Golf and Country Club (the Club) is located within the international award winning master planned city of Greater Springfield, which is located in the fastest growing regions in Australia.
Brookwater Golf and Country Club is a special golfing destination with a premium point of difference, a commitment to an exceptional golfing experience. Greg Norman’s unparalleled expertise and insight into the expectations of golfers of all levels guarantee a challenging and enjoyable golfing experience.
Brookwater is a par 72, tournament standard course measuring 6,469 metres. The Par 5 and 13th holes are the longest at 550 metres. Featuring long, narrow fairways and challenging bunker locations which golfers of all levels can enjoy. Complementing the naturally undulating terrain, each hole features distinctive Australian bushland landscapes including natural water features, spectacular rock formations and stands of ghost gums.
Brookwater Golf and Country Club is home to one of the world’s leading golf coaches, Ian Triggs.
The Club has an opening for a Golf Retail Operations Supervisor, who is interested in pursuing a career in golf retail, along with the opportunity to grow their career into a golf-level management position through ongoing study in management and business.
Brookwater Golf and Country Club works in partnership with Troon Golf, which opens-up opportunities for career pathways into Troon Golf facilities both nationally and internationally.
The successful applicant will be passionate about the game of golf, demonstrate integrity and creativity, plus understand the value of providing a high standard of service to all clients. The position will report directly to the Director of Golf.
Duties (include but are not limited to)
• Accountability for the management of the retail component of the golf shop. Involves development plans and action steps to increase the performance of the retail sales of the golf retail operations.
• Required to maintain an effective stock level, presentations appropriate for all seasons, ensuring a high level turnover of stock through the business, and maintain a high quality of golf apparel suitable to the No.1 Golf Course in Queensland.
• Assist in the identification and introduction of potential new golf members.
• Build strong professional relationships with members and ensure given high quality of service, whether inside the golf shop or outside the golf shop.
Key selection criteria
• Must have some experience of working in the retail sales side of the golf industry or similar sport retail area.
• Demonstrate high level knowledge and understanding of the golf industry.
• Demonstrate excellent standard in written and spoken communication skills.
• Demonstrate excellent people skills and superior ability to deliver customer service, including answering telephone and email inquiries.
• Demonstrate high level knowledge and understanding of golf terminology, principles and practices.
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel (preferred).
• Experience with PowerGolf software would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in preparing and analysing sales performance.
• Excellent remuneration package.
• Flexible working hours.
• Excellent working conditions.
• Provision of work uniform/s.
• Will require some week-end work.
The successful applicant will commence from mid to late December 2012.
If you are looking for a “hands on” role – are driven and motivated, are able to demonstrate an enthusiastic interest in golf; this is the opportunity to enter into a golf retail professional career.
How to Apply
For further information about this role, contact Mary O’Dea, Executive Manager (07) 3819 9973 or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.