The Gallery Golf Club located in Marana, Arizona is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Catering Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
• Assists in developing sound sales strategies for food & beverage including catering, weddings and meetings throughout the year.
• Understands and develops dynamic based pricing strategies for the club.
• Leads the development of all facility related pricing and marketing strategies.
• Strategically utilizes and understands different revenue opportunities for the facility, including local resorts and clubs, online third-party providers, the local competition and other partnerships or relationships, which offer revenue opportunities.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of golf operations, tee-sheet maximization, tournament maintenance schedules and group needs and the key vendor relationships and the tools they offer to support and manage goals.
• Proactively upsells groups to include food & beverage, merchandise, rentals, etc.
• Participates in the day to day marketing efforts of the facility, assisting the General Manager, Director of Golf and Director, Sales & Marketing, as needed.
• Continually researches and analyzes local market conditions to obtain an in-depth understanding of competitor’s pricing strategies throughout the year.
• Creates a sales culture throughout all facility operations, maintaining excellent service standards to achieve positive Net Promoter Scores and guest satisfaction.
• Manages and evolves relationships with key wholesalers.
• Creates partnerships with area hotels, ensuring that the facility is kept top of mind with groups and transient guests including potential referral programs.
• Maintains the ability to understand golf course inventory during different times of year, allowing the facility to maximize revenues with all round types and golf groups.
• Develops a clear and concise sales process to attract groups, weddings and catered events with effective follow-up for each.
• Effectively communicates sales strategies to key stakeholders.
• Continually strives to enhance sales leadership skills by attending industry shows, educational seminars and other learning opportunities.
• Solicits new and existing business to meet/exceed revenue goals. Methods of sales may include, but are not limited to telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, sales presentations, property tours, customer meetings, travel to key markets and written correspondence.
• Prepares reports such as annual sales plans, monthly sales reports, annual goals, sales & marketing budgets and forecasts.
• Closely analyzes different marketing opportunities to attract potential business.
• Maintains a thorough group database for the facility, allowing for high quality Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and prompt customer follow-up.
• Represents the facility on appropriate site visits including golf outings, weddings, catered events and potential meetings.
• Ensures that appropriate staff organizes and executes all group events in a detailed manner.
• Utilizes social media outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter, to generate awareness for the facility including exploring and creating different public relations opportunities for the facility.
• Provides oversight and assistance with the management of facility websites and search engine marketing campaigns including both golf and food & beverage.
• Creates tournaments with local audiences such as Troon Cardholders, Troon Rewards members, key third-party customers, public golfers, etc.
• Clearly understands and promotes Troon programs at the facility generating incremental rounds and revenues and trains and leads all staff at the facility to do the same.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) and minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English (e.g. the associates are required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
• Knowledge of EZ Links, Golf Channel Solutions and Jonas (or similar) applications is helpful.
• Related experience involving food & beverage and catering sales is preferred.