Blue Hill Country Club located in Canton, Mass is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Executive Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
Responsible for all facets of the Food and Beverage Kitchen department including staffing, menu planning, ordering, vendor monitoring, food production, inventory, catering and budgeting.
• Manages all major Food and Beverage Kitchen operating expenses, set margins and manages against projections.
• Creates theme menus, ideas for ice sculptures, decorations, banquets and special events.
• Directs ordering amounts, inventory levels, timing of orders, receiving, invoice settling, and equipment maintenance.
• Inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
• Maintains quality of food products and ensures consistency in food delivery and standards.
• Measures effectiveness of the Food and Beverage Kitchen department through the Food and Beverage profit and service performance of the facility.
• Creates recipes and support materials, such as recipe cards, descriptions, and/or pictures.
• Ensures that a quality sanitation program is followed throughout the Kitchen operation.
• Ensures proper monitoring of storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products to comply with Health Department regulations.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Chefs, Cooks, Stewards.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Frequently stands, walks, talks, hears, tastes, smells, uses hands, reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches or crawls. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds.
Environment/Noise: Revised 07/12
Occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather). Regularly works in extreme cold and heat (non-weather). Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
Food Safety and Applicable Sanitation Training
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).