Classic Club Golf Club located in Palm Desert, CA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
Manages the day-to-day operation of the kitchen to include: staffing, menu planning, ordering, vendor monitoring, food production, inventory, catering and budgeting.
• Oversees all food production operations at the facility and ensures the production of consistently high quality food for all the restaurant outlets.
• Implements and maintains control procedures within the department, including daily food production charts, steak inventory and seafood charts, standardized recipes, use records, food costing sheets.
• Creates, maintains and updates menu specifications, recipes and pictures, and production forecasts.
• Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts as well as the developing of new ones to ensure the highest quality of food and profitability.
• Inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
• Participates in long and short-term goals to achieve budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage department.
• Maintains a quality sanitation program in all areas.
• Monitors to ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
• Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
• Monitors all equipment in the kitchen to ensure cleanliness and proper working condition.
• Selects, trains and supervises kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items, equipment operation and safety measures.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks and Stewards. • Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Frequently stands, walks, uses hands, talks or hears. Regularly reaches with hands and arms, tastes or smells. Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds. Revised 07/12
Occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and in extreme heat or cold (non-weather). Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions and may come into contact with toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level is moderate.
Food Safety and Applicable Sanitation Training
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.
• Knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.