Savannah Quarters Country Club in Pooler, GA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will be comfortable in a golf environment and be highly focused on providing superior customer service for our guests.
• Assists in administering all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing. Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
• Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-in, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Tracks all force posts and no show charges as applicable.
• Promotes all club golf activities.
• Assists in the creation of lesson plans and provides both individual and group instruction.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
• Prepares for all golf outings including coordinating scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
• Monitors all members’ scores, reports handicapping to USGA and bills members.
• Follows established opening and closing procedures.
• Assists with associate training.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance
• Associate’s degree (AA); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current PGA/LGPA Membership
• Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates are required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with computerized POS and tee time system