Troon Golf has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, multi-dimensional individual to join our HR team. Troon’s distinctive approach to private, daily-fee and resort golf facility management is unsurpassed in the golf industry and we are equally committed to the ongoing success of Troon by focusing on the source of our strength, our people.
The Director of HR will work closely with the VP, HR to provide oversight to approximately 7000 employees located across 27 states. This role is part of a collaborative HR team who demonstrate a flexible approach to the company’s needs and a willingness to work together. This position serves as a generalist and requires a demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas including, but not limited to, employee relations, performance management, policy & procedures, legal compliance, wage & hour law, benefits, hiring and termination of employees, HR training and onboarding of new associates in a multi-state environment.
This position will partner with operations leaders to provide support, guidance and ensure Troon’s business objectives. Ideal candidates will have at least 5-7 yrs. experience in an HR supervisory role in a national or multi-state organization. This position requires regular and consistent local and airline travel of 40%-50% and schedule flexibility.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Significant knowledge and understanding of state specific and federal laws relating to wage & hour and employment legislation.
• Strong employee relations experience to resolve or assist with the resolution of sensitive issues.
• Ability to manage and maintain highly confidential HR related issues and communications with discipline and tact.
• Ability to regularly travel for HR training, property orientations and meetings.
• Well-developed team-building and influencing skills to lead, motivate and inspire communication and collaboration within the HR team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
• Strong and effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to build and foster professional working relationships.
• Self-directed and multi-task orientated.
• Proficiency in the Spanish is highly desired. Experience with Oracle software is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree and Professional Human Resources Certification is highly preferred.